Friday, February 12, 2010

Important question about medical treatment in a socialized healthcare system. TRUE or FALSE?

Doctors will be able to provide the most efficient and beneficial treatment if insurance companies aren't dictating what the doctors can prescribe you. True or False?Important question about medical treatment in a socialized healthcare system. TRUE or FALSE?
TRUE





Private Insurance is profit driven, and makes more money by finding ways to deny claims. It's a conflict of interest. Of course with Obama's plan, you'd still have the choice to stay with the old.Important question about medical treatment in a socialized healthcare system. TRUE or FALSE?
My doctor is the one who makes my medical decisions not my insurance company. If we have socialized medical care the government will have the final say. There is also the times when the government fails to complete the budget on time and can not pay bills. Do you think doctors will work very hard if they can not get reimbursed? This is a problem that Medicare/ caid is currently having. Many doctors do not take Medi because they can not collect in a timely manner.





Lady Moon I have visited your country on a few occasions and I remember once while in Manchester there was a public outcry over a stripper who had breast augmentation at the taxpayers expense. The government allowed it because she claimed it was important if she wanted to increase her earnings. I will not argue against you if you like your system but I will state that I do not want my money taken from my family to pay for a strippers breast implants. My daughter's education is more important to me than a stripper's ability to earn tips.
I think we all need to be careful when we keep hearing this mantra: ';socialized';. Remember that large amounts of our own economy are ';socialized.'; For example, most schools, roads, police, firefighting, libraries, post offices, and other city/county/state services have always been socialized here (run by the government.) Even the military, state and national guards, social security, state disability, welfare programs, city and county sponsored sports, are socialized. Even government jobs, the largest employer there is, even bigger than Walmart believe it or not, are run by the government and hence can be called ';socialized.'; Even the internet was a government sponsored creation. Many highly successful businesses and technologies (IBM, AT%26amp;T for example) were/are protected and nurtured by the government and then handed over to the private sector.





Really, if you had the choice between a privately owned security police force like Black Water, and the regular city police to take care of your community to choose from, which would you pick?
I've had the same problem treated in the for profit private system and the socialized VA system. The VA care was far superior. I have painful heal spurs. I went to a local podiatrist for treatment. He took x-rays, made a plaster cast of my feet, and eventually gave me inserts to wear in my shoes. The pain lessened and became tolerable but he kept bringing me back in every week for a checkup at a cost of fifteen bucks copay out of my pocket and billed my insurance $125 each five minute visit. After a while I stopped going and stopped wearing the inserts. A few months back the pain became unbearable again so I went to the VA. One visit, no copay. They made a 3D computerized model of my feet and gave me some temporary inserts for my shoes. The temporary inserts relieved my pain more than the ';custom'; inserts from the private doctor. I got my custom inserts from the VA a few weeks later and I'm a new man, virtually pain free. From my experience I would have to validate your assumption. The doctor at the VA gets paid no matter how many times he sees me, his only incentive is to make me feel better. The private doctor only gets paid each time I come in, his only incentive is to keep me in treatment. It's more profitable for him to treat me rather than cure me.
Doctors already dictate what to prescribe us. If we turn it over to bureaucratic idiots who don't give a crap, then doctors won't be able to care for patients anymore. Get it? Or haven't you been to a doctor lately?





edit - I never said I think insurance companies care about us. Assume much? ';Hahaha!! Get a clue?'; Why don't you??
I'd have to agree - true.





Fact is in the United States we have both higher infant mortality (im) and lower life expectancy (l) than most European countries. See http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004393.h鈥?/a> for mortality and life; see http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/46/33/38979鈥?/a> for costs.





United States -- im= 6.4, L= 78.0, cost $7290, 16.0% of GDP


Canada --------- im= 4.6, L= 80.3, cost $3895, 10.1% of GDP





Austria -------- im= 4.5, L= 79.2, cost $3763, 10.1% of GDP


United Kingdom -- im= 5.0, L= 78.7, cost $3895, 8.4%


Denmark ----- im= 4.5, L= 78.0, cost $3362, 10.4%


Finland ------ im= 3.5, L= 78.7, cost $2840, 8.2%


France ------- im= 4.2, L= 79.9, cost $4763, 11.0%


Germany ----- im= 4.1, L= 79.0, cost $3527, 10.4%


Greece ------- im= 5.3, L= 79.4, cost $2727, 9.6%


Italy ---------- im= 5.7, L= 79.9, cost $2686, 8.7%


Norway ------ im= 3.6, L= 79.7, cost $4763, 8.9%


Spain -------- im= 4.3, L= 79.8, cost $2671, 8.5%


Sweden ------ im= 2.8, L= 80.6, cost $3323, 9.1%


Switzerland --- im= 4.3, L= 80.6, cost $4417, 10.8%





USA has 36 days longer life expectancy than these two countries!


Ireland ------ im= 5.2, L= 77.9, cost $3424, 7.6%


Portugal ---- im= 4.9, L= 77.9, cost $2150, 9.9%





Some folks blame our high costs on malpractice insurance. But the numbers don't support that. Including legal fees, insurance costs, and payouts, the cost of the suits comes to less than 1.5 percent of health-care spending. See http://www.insurance-reform.org/pr/AIRhe鈥?/a> and http://makethemaccountable.com/myth/Risi鈥?/a> Along those lines, it's interesting to note that a number of states already have ';caps and tort reform'; yet the insurance companies haven't lowered the cost of malpractice insurance in those states.


.
True. What I find hard to believe, is the way people are reacting to this. You'd think that Obama was trying to take people's guns away and demanding to install cameras in folks homes, rather than just trying to give everyone health care.
False. Tort reform is not part of Obamacare.
TRUE. And this comes from a Brit.





I have lived under the UK's NHS system all my life and have never been denied care or had to wrangle with some profit-orientated Insurance Co in order to get the treatment I needed.





The NHS frees doctors be able to provide the care their patients need. There is no Insurance Co between you and your doctor. No bureaucrat or Corporate Goon telling you what you can and can't receive. Your doctor is free to give you the care you need. Regardless of how much money you have or whether your policy will cover it.





You still have as much choice as you could wish for regarding which doctor you see or where you get your treatment. The Republicans are telling outright lies about all this!





Plus, we still have a private system alongside the NHS which has been forced to become cheaper and more competitive to compete with the NHS. Therefore, private healthcare is also more affordable and easier to get in the UK than in the USA. Many people use a mixture of NHS and private.





And for those who can't afford private, the NHS is always there and covers all of their needs.





Read this American's experience of the NHS. This woman talks sense:





http://potentialandexpectations.wordpres鈥?/a>





Daniel Hannan MEP is a lying little scumbag. Noone here in the UK pays attention to him so he's hopped over the Pond to play with the Republicans. He's a right wing nutjob and not even the Conservatives take him seriously. Even the Conservative Party Leader, David Cameron, has just publicly denounced him and what he is doing. Ignore this loser, like we do in the UK!
  • blond hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment