Sunday, February 7, 2010

I've been told my 1966 stock six-cylinder Mustang body can't handle an eight-cylinder engine. True or False?

Basically I've been told the six cylinder Mustang bodies were not as strong/stiff as the eight cylinder Mustang bodies. My Mustang is a 1966. Is it true that an eight cylinder engine will put more stress on the body than it was designed to handle?I've been told my 1966 stock six-cylinder Mustang body can't handle an eight-cylinder engine. True or False?
********.





Ford used the same body for all of their models. Do not let whoever told you that work on your car.I've been told my 1966 stock six-cylinder Mustang body can't handle an eight-cylinder engine. True or False?
The body can handle it but the chassis will weaken and break from the torque!! be mindful and get info from ford dealership!!!
Mustang crap!! Totally false !!~:()=
False. I've known a few people to put the 302 (5.0) into the the '65- and '66 bodies without any problems. I do not think that there is any difference in the bodies. The engine and transmission mounts are going to be different.
False - Good luck with the project!!
False don't worry i have 66 mustang it was six cylinder i change it to 289 and i love it it's fast and strong car..but you have to get some one rely good to bald the engine bra-kits
false you can put it in there all you have to do is change the front springs and there you have it the only thing differet in that case is the front springs
i had a 66 coupe that had a 6 in it and swapped it out for a 289, motor mounts, radiator, and front springs only things you need to swap out
that is totaly false i have one with a v-8
That's incorrect. My dad built up a 351 Windsor in the early eighties and was able to squeeze it into a '65 Fastback. He told me he was able to wax any cocky kid in a big block Camaro with that thing. If you wanna switch engines, just make sure you look at an old Mustang schematic to see if there may have possibly been any additional bracing or stiffening features for the frame. Also, search the swap meets or the Mustang enthusiasts for an engine with what they call ';matching numbers.'; These were engines with serial numbers that would have been consistent with your specific Mustang. This will keep the collector's value of the car up. The only problem that I've seen with the Mustangs isn't from the engine or structural integrity of the vehicle, but from electrical problems. That's always been the curse of the early Mustangs.
  • blond hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment